11.03.2009

Meet Heartline Runners, Lisa & Shane Buxman

Lisa Buxman is a mother of seven and grandmother of three. She is a missionary Midwife (CPM) with Heartline Ministries. The Buxman family returned to Haiti on a full-time basis last month.

Lisa hails from Greeley, Colorado where she lived most of her life. Lisa and Don will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary next year.

Lisa will be running the Disney Marathon in January, it will be her first full marathon. She ran one half marathon in celebration of her 50th birthday with friends and family in January 2009.

Lisa says, "I have run off and on for 29 years but got more serious three years ago. Running is my time alone with God, and as my kids will tell you I am a happier mom when I have had a good run."

Lisa is hoping for many to hear about the ministry of the Heartline Prenatal Program. She hopes that this group effort will bring attention to Haiti, the beautiful women the program serves, and God-willing, a lot of money will be raised.

Lisa's goal on Marathon day is to finish. She said, "Beth said I should run the full 26.2 - so here I am!"

Lisa will be joined in Florida by her two adult daughters, Paige Greiner and Jaeda Buxman and her son Shane. The three ladies are all running the full marathon and Shane plans to run the half.

Shane is 16 and decided to run the half-marathon because he wanted to go to Disney and thought raising money for Heartline sounded like a great idea. Shane has run several 5ks but he considers himself a new runner. Shane says, "I love to read, write, play saxophone, and act on stage. One of my dreams is to act on Broadway. I am planning to go to college to be a History teacher. I am one of 7 children."

Please consider sponsoring Lisa or Shane for their races in January. Every sponsorship dollar will be used to help Haitian women. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment